Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spicing up the Diet: Our Experiment With Cauliflower Crust Pizza






The photos above were taken last night as Amy experimented with our most daring and innovative recipe yet: Cauliflower Crust Pizza!  The Photos from bottom to top show the progression of the preparation step-by-step.  I have to say that I was intrigued and was really not sure what to expect but being the food-starved foodie that I am, I was game. The result was really pretty good. I kept saying "interesting," but I didn't mean it in a bad way. Amy tinkered a bit with the ingredients, using egg beaters instead of egg and non-fat cheese, but overall, it was really a fascinating and thoroughly original take on one of my classic comfort foods.  When you are dieting, you need to be bold and spice things up with food choices within your plan to keep the program fresh and alive. Too much of the same thing over and over again gets boring real fast.  Here is the recipe for anyone adventurous enough to try this at home. 

http://www.examiner.com/x-355-Low-Carb-Examiner~y2008m10d3-Loaded-low-carb-pizza-puts-Papa-Murphys-to-the-test

Amy recommends you double or even triple the "dough" recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment